This is another fun YouTube video demonstrating crystallization from supercooled water. In the video, water is cooled below 32 degrees F but still liquid freezes when disturbed.
Other crystallization blog posts you may enjoy:
- Introduction to Crystallization and Precipitation
- Common Ways to Reduce Solubility and Drive Crystallization
- Supersaturation: Driving Force For Crystal Nucleation & Growth
- Importance of Crystal Size and Shape Distribution
- Impact of Process Parameters on Supersaturation and Crystal Size and Shape
- Super Cooled Water Nucleation Experiments Video