On November 25 and November 26, Dr. Reinaldo (Ray) Machado of rm2 technologies will conduct a two-day Fundamentals of Scale-up Workshop. This advanced process scale-up training will be held at the Ramada Powai in Mumbai, India.
The Fundamentals of Scale-up Workshop agenda includes:
- Fundamental Scale-Up Concepts – viscosity, agitator characteristics and power analysis, scale-up strategies
- Single Liquid Phase Phase Processes – macro-mixing, meso-micro mixing, scale-up of fast reactions, feed tube design principles
- Multiphase Mixing – liquid-liquid, solid-liquid, gas-liquid, static mixers
- Heat Transfer – fundamentals of heat transfer theory, thermal safety analysis, reaction calorimetry
- Kinetics – kinetics theory and measurement, kinetics analysis techniques, catalyst considerations
- Simple Modeling Techniques – Two-zone model, VisiMix
Dr. Reinaldo Machado has 24 years of technical experience in applied reactor engineering, scale-up of chemical reaction processes, mass transfer, heat transfer, applied reaction calorimetry, and hydrogenation. Currently, Ray is a Senior Consultant specializing in hydrogenation and oxidation reaction engineering. Ray holds 15 patents, has collaborated on 14 publications, is a member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) and the American Chemical Society (ACS). Ray has also served as a part-time instructor of a short course entitled “Scale-Up Considerations in Chemical Processes” at Lehigh University and presented the free online seminar The Importance of Mixing: How To Compare Lab Scale Mixing with Full Scale Process Vessel Performance.